Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fireworks, Chyrp!, FORTH, and Sodimm

it may have been bonfire night and I may have had a stellar one which was fabulous for mydaughter and the select friends we had around.... BUT I did not neglect matters geeky!

I set up a Chyrp! RC3 blog to use for my NaNoWriMo book.

I populated it and adjusted it so that it displays in the order to read (fifo not lifo!).

I entered Open Firmware on the iMac G4 which was a trip down memory lane, FORTH and Assembler - like meat and veg to me!  The vocab seemed to be words but it all came flooding back....  AHHhhh memories!  I may have forgotten more programming than many young blades of the internet generation have learned!

And I badgered the iMac owner to authorise me to purchase Sodimm for it to take it from half to whole gig so that it can enjoy the OSX I am getting FTP'd I hope!

I think that is stellar too!